For those of you passionate about essential oils you understand, appreciate and have experienced the virtues of this oil. Its aromatic scent will uplift your spirit and support an invigorating mood and mental alertness. Its menthol constituent will aid the digestive tract as well as help alleviate nausea and headaches. Have you guessed the essential oil?
For those aromatherapy lovers that guessed peppermint essential oil….. high five 🙂 !
Read on to find out more about its incredible benefits and how it can be used to improve your wellness journey!
What are the benefits of using a pure peppermint essential oil?
- has the ability to improve digestion, stomach aches and headaches, as well as alleviate nausea and minor pains.
- used to stimulate mental alertness and uplift mood
- thanks to its menthol component it is also often used to help clear the respiratory tract and for the temporary relief of nasal congestion (this is the reason it is used in OTC cough syrups and drops)
- its camphor, menthol, and carvacrol components have also proven to be resistant to certain bacteria (salmonella, E.Coli, certain staph infections), and therefore this EO can be an optimal addition in supporting a healthy immune system
How can a pure peppermint essential oil be used?
It is an extremely versatile essential oil that can be diluted with carrier oils such as jojoba, sweet almond, or coconut oil.
- can be diluted and massaged on the abdomen, rubbed on temples, bridge of nose or under feet
- can be diffused in a humidifier for air purification and to help temporarily relieve mild cold symptoms
- can be diluted and used as a safe and eco-friendly insect repellent.
- can be diluted in water or tea or a fresh minty beverage
- inflammation of the mouth and throat, sinus infections, and respiratory infections
- peppermint oil is increasingly used to improve weight loss efforts
- peppermint oil may also be applied to the skin for headache, muscle pain, nerve pain, toothache, inflammation of the mouth, joint conditions, itchiness, allergic rash, bacterial and viral infections, relaxing the colon during barium enemas, and for repelling mosquitoes.
HEADACHE RELIEF TIP: apply a blend of 1 tbl spoon of carrier oil, 2 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of peppermint oil to temples and massage
Peppermint is also very commonly used for a series of digestive issues including:
- morning sickness
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- cramps of the upper gastrointestinal (GI) tract and bile ducts
- upset stomach
- bacterial overgrowth of the small intestine
- intestinal gas
Below are some suggestions for using peppermint oil to uplift your mood, increase your energy level, calm your nerves and maybe even lose a few pounds.
- a few drops of peppermint essential oil in the bath water will work wonders
- rub some peppermint oil on your temples to help relieve stress
- spend the evening with peppermint essential oil aromatherapy and let the aroma fill the room promoting good feelings, thoughts and over-all well-being
- dilute peppermint essential oil in a carrier oil and massage achy muscles
Essential Oils can be applied topically by diluting with a high quality carrier oil like jojoba oil, a 2% dilution is generally considered safe.
- A good way of going about this is adding 12 drops of essential oil to 30 ml (1 oz) of carrier oil. Yo can do this in a glass container and then transfer the contents to a smaller roll-on or dispenser with a pipette or dropper.
- The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy website has some details about dilution methods you may also be interested in.
What distinguishes the Ingenium Naturals pure 100% Peppermint Oil?
Botanical name: Mentha Piperita
Country of origin: India
Extraction method: Steam distillation
Aroma notes: refreshing, very minty, hot, herbaceous
Blends well with: eucalyptus, citrus, lavender, lemon, marjoram, melaleuca, rosemary
Find out more about the quality of Ingenium Naturals Essential Oils here.
The scent of peppermint is a familiar one to many. Whether you’ve tasted it in a breath mint or a tea, we all know what a refreshing yet soothing aroma it has.
So whether you are discovering this oil for the first time, or are a veteran there will always be a use for this nature derived gem in your life!
Live well! Live healthy! Enjoy the Journey!
Sign-up to receive notifications of new posts from THESKIUNUREIN Blog