Keeping it simple
I discovered I can do so much with these nature-derived gifts! These I call my 3C’s…and I have learned to use them to help alleviate certain ailments, or simply just to pamper myself and the ones I love. For those of you who follow my blog regularly, you know about my endless search for natural health alternatives….and about my mission to share my findings with my readers…
3 essential oils I want to share with you…
Roman Chamomile is certainly one of the safest essential oils you can use. If you’ve ever enjoyed a cup of chamomile tea, you are probably already familiar with its sweet herbaceous scent. Traditionally this herb has been used as a calming and sedative agent, but as an essential oil, its powerful virtues are extensive and powerful.
How can this oil help?
- it can help relieve the symptoms of an overactive nervous system
- it can support a healthy sleep cycle
- it can help minimize headaches due to stress
- it can help ease symptoms of certain skin ailments and insect bites thanks to its anti-inflammatory vustures
- it has alos been linked to reducing pain due to neuralgia and pms
The part of the plant typically used to produce essential oil is the flower or the bud, and the extraction method most commonly used is steam distillation.
Very important to note: Chamomile is a member of the Asteraceae family (also includes ragweed and other allergens), hence individuals suffering from asthma may want to use a different EO.
Clove oil has been traditionally used as an antiseptic and anaesthetic agent thanks to its eugenol content, especially as an application to toothaches and dental cavities. As a matter of fact, its virtues in reducing pain and killing certain germs, make it so that it is used today by your dentist as an ingredient in medical antiseptics. That’s the smell that welcomes you when you enter a dentist’s office!
How can this oil help?
- it can hel reduce and prevent inflammation in acne prone skins
- its antiviral properties also make it an effective immune booster during flu season,
- diluted properly, it can be an effective surface and air sanitizer
- has also been known to kill mold *
- helps reduce pain
*USE IT LIKE THIS: add 10 drops of clove oil to 100 ml of water, spray it directly on the mold, wait 10 minutes and then clean it off.
Its uses are numerous. I have only listed a few for basic information.
The part of the plant typically used to produce essential oil is the bud, and the extraction method most commonly used is steam distillation.
Clary Sage is commonly used to reduce muscles spasms and cramps by helping to control nerve impulses. It is mainly for this reason that it is useful for menstrual cramps and can help mitigate spasmodic coughing and stomach aches.
It is considered to be an emmenagogue and therefore can stimulate blood flow to the pelvic area and uterus, further helping with uncomfortable pains due to menstruation and pms.
How can this oil help?
- has been traditionally knowm to help reduce vision impairment due to age, as well as support and eye health in general
- it is also considered useful in uplifting your mood and can be helpful during times of particular stress
- it helps stimulate bloodflow and useful in recuing menstrual cramps and symptoms of pms
- it is considered to possese antiseptic virtues and can be applied to small wounds and cuts to prevent infections
Clary Sage research has proven its many virtues over time. I absolutely love this oil and truly believe it’s a must have for every woman. However, it is not recommenced for pregnant women.
The parts of the plant typically used to produce this essential oil are the buds and the leaves, and the extraction method most commonly used is steam distillation
How can these incredible oils be used ?
Essential Oils are to be used very carefully, and, unless it is under the supervision of a certified aromatherapist, it is always recommended they are used with the appropriate dilutions with a carrier oil or water based gels.
- massage onto affected area
- direct inhalation from bottle or palm
- add to bath water
- add to an unscented massage oil
- add to a cotton ball and carry with you in a ziplock to use throughout the day
- add to a diffuser to sanitize air
- add to steaming water and inhale
For specific and more detailed uses and dilution methods please visit the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy .
You can try all 3 of these pure essential oils by purchasing the Essential Oils 3C’s Value Pack here. Use coupon code Blog 15% to save on your entire order.
An ideal carrier oil to dilute your oils with is a pure Jojoba Oil which you can find here.
Jojoba oil is an extremely versatile oil and an ideal choice in helping skin cells reserve and retain moisture. It is very gentle and suits even the most sensitive skin types. It effectively penetrates the skin helping improve flexibility and elasticity, and it is also thanks to this virtue that it can help in the reduction of wrinkles. It has also been known to help lighten skin marks, scars and stretch marks. It has also proven useful for a variety of skin ailments.
How does it work?
When applied to the skin Jojoba Oil acts as an emollient, soothing skin and unclogging pores and hair follicles. Imitating our skin’s natural sebum it is able to effectively balance out sebum production, tricking the skin into believing that it has already produced enough sebum. Jojoba oil has also been known to kill bacteria responsible for skin inflammations, and can also act as a powerful fungicide. The sebum-balancing property of the oil also helps push clogged dirt to the surface of the skin allowing for a natural detox of the skin. These virtues make this multifunctional oil ideal for ALL SKIN TYPES, including acne and psoriasis prone skin.
Use coupon code Blog15% to purchase your a high quality Jojoba Oil here.
If you want to keep in touch and receive notices of new posts from the SKINUREIN, as well as exclusive offers and coupons, just sign-up below!
Live well! Live healthy! Enjoy the Journey!